Monday, August 18, 2014

February means we're moving along

Moving as in moving along getting closer & closer to the END OF THIS SEASON!!


Decided it was time for FLOWERS!! Not that I could go outside & cut them to bring in. Miss that fun part of spring, summer. & fall. At this point over any holly cuttings, arranging dried selections of natural items from garden. Too soon to cut & force inside. Not into the forced bulbs this year.. So when I went to get some vegetaes at our local discounted buy in a mini bulk (2 pounds each) and unbelievably discounted flowers too, I spotted miniature orchid plants for $2.99 EACH!! OMG!! I could have more than one!!


It was too hard to decide on one. And I figured I could spend $10 on a bunch of flowers or a bunch of orchids which would live way longer than cut flowers. And maybe rebloom too, if I don't kill them!!  


I have a habit of killing house plants. I can grow & take care of vegetables & flowers outside. But inside, TOTALY different state of affairs.


So that's why cut flowers are a good thing for me. With this orchid deal, I could get a few for $10, keep some for me & place in different rooms and then give some to friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment